Effective: 12 March 2014
We collect various types of information in connection with the Services, including:
- Information you provide directly to us;
- Information we collect about your use of our Services; and
- Information we obtain from third-party sources.
What information do we collect about you and why?
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but if you do so we may not be able to provide you with certain Services or it may affect your ability to use or receive some Services.
1 Information you provide directly
We may collect information directly from you:
- To provide and improve our products and services—subject to the direct marketing section below, we may also use your information for marketing purposes. We may sometimes also collect personal information for assessment and analysis of our market, customers and Services, to enable us to monitor, review and improve the Services which we offer and for internal record keeping.
- For surveys, promotions or competitions—we may collect information from you in customer surveys, prize draws, competitions or promotions. We may also use this information to monitor or improve customer satisfaction and (subject to the direct marketing section below) for marketing purposes.
- To assist with your queries—you may also choose to provide us with your name or other contact details when you call us by phone, write to us or email us, so that we can respond to your query and send you information about our products and services.
- As part of our general business operations and administration—CDM also collects personal information in relation to its general business operations and administration. This may include information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents, advisors, corporate customers and business partners.
2 Information about your use of the Services
In addition to the information you provide, we may collect information about your use of our Services through software on your device and other means. For example, we may collect:
- Device and online information—such as your hardware model, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, MAC address, IP address, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Log information—such as the time and duration of your use of the Service, search query terms you enter through the Services, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device.
- As part of our general business operations and administration—CDM also collects personal information in relation to its general business operations and administration. This may include information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents, advisors, corporate customers and business partners.
3 Information from third-party sources
We use the information we collect (and may combine it with other information about you) to, among other things Provide the Services you request.
- Affiliates—CDM family of companies detailed above.
- Business partners—trusted companies that may provide information about products and services you might like.
- Service providers and suppliers— including companies that provide services to, for, or on behalf of CDM.
- Law enforcement—when we are required to do so or to protect CDM and its users.
How do we use your information and why?
We may use information we collect for the following purposes:
- to register you or your device for a Service;to register you or your device for a Service;
- to provide a Service or feature you request and to operate our websites and online platforms;
- to assist with your queries;
- to maintain and develop our business systems, including for testing and upgrading purposes;
- for our general business operations and administration;
- to register you on our websites, to administer our website Services (including processing any searches or requests for information about our Services), and to allow you to use those Services (e.g. blogs, open forums, location based services and discussion pages);
- for advertising, such as providing customised advertisements and sponsored content and sending you promotional communications;
- for assessment and analysis of our market, customers and Services (including asking you for your opinions on our Services and carrying out customer surveys);
- to understand the way people use our Services so that we can improve them and develop new products and services;
- to provide maintenance services for your device;
- to conduct customer surveys, competitions, prize draws or promotions, as permitted by law;
- as required or authorised by law; and
- otherwise with your consent.
To whom do we disclose your information and why?
- Affiliates. Your information may be shared among CDM affiliates. We may disclose your information to any company in the CDM group (which includes our affiliates and related companies, contractors to whom we have outsourced the provision of services to our customers).
- Business Partners. We also may share your information with trusted business partners. These entities may use your information to provide you with services you request, make predictions about your interests and may provide you with promotional materials, advertisements and other materials.
- Service providers and suppliers. We also may disclose your information to our service providers, suppliers, contractors, dealers, distributors, resellers, repair centres, agents, and business partners who help us deliver a Service to you or provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with billing or that send emails on our behalf.
- Our Professional Advisers. We may disclose your information to professional advisors in the course of obtaining professional advice.
- Other Parties When Required or Authorised by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services. There may be instances when we disclose your information to other parties:
- to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or other court order);
- to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Services; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of CDM, or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions. We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, or in the event of a bankruptcy. We may disclose your personal information to anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of it) is transferred.
We offer a variety of choices about how we use your information. You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication. In some cases, you may be able to make choices in specific Services or when we give you a collection statement.
Offshore Disclosure of Personal Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information or Making a Complaint
What do we do to keep your information secure?
We have put in place reasonable physical and technical measures to safeguard the information we collect in connection with the Services. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure.
Third-Party Links and Products on Our Services
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by third-party websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use. We also may make available to you certain products or services developed by third parties. CDM is not responsible for these third-party products or services.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising or Functionality on Our Services
- Certain third parties may serve advertising or keep track of which advertisements users see, how often they see those advertisements, and what users do in response to them; and
- We enable you to share certain materials on the Services with others through social networking services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google +, and LinkedIn.
Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a device used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
We may also use or disclose your personal information to provide you with information about products, promotions, special offers and other information which relates to our Services or which we believe may be of interest to you. We may send you such information by email, telephone, SMS text message and/or any other form of electronic messages, post, fax or smartphone applications, social networking websites or any other method which becomes relevant from time to time.
When you provide us with information about yourself, you will usually be given the option to let us know that you do not want that information to be used for direct marketing purposes. You can change your mind about your preferences in respect of direct marketing and make choices at any time by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the relevant communication, or by contacting our Chief Financial Officer.
Further information & Contact Details
If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal information, make a complaint or change your preferences in respect of direct marketing, please contact our Chief Financial Officer at:
Attn: Chief Financial Officer
CDM Australia Pty Ltd
PO Box 109, Osborne Park WA 6917
Telephone: (08) 9202 4444